2021 Lung Cancer Screening: Patient Navigator Roadmap
Toolkit description: The Lung Cancer Screening Patient Navigator Roadmap provides patient navigators with tools to improve lung cancer screening rates among their clients. The toolkit provides background information on lung cancer screening and the navigation role in the process. The toolkit is also connected to an online course for navigators which builds off the toolkit.
Highlights: Provides details and links to resources for lung cancer screening navigation programs. The toolkit contains the follow information:
- How to use navigators in lung cancer screening programs
- Evidence-based strategies to address screening barriers and disparities
- Lung cancer screening program set-up to tools
- Tips on integrating smoking cessation into screening programs
- Ultimately, this toolkit is designed to improve lung cancer screening rates and adherence, maximize screening benefit, and reduce lung cancer deaths.
The Toolkit is divided into distinct chapters. These chapters are based on the specific aspects of patient navigation in lung cancer screening uptake, implementation, and processes. The use of the toolkit will depend on the needs and phase of your individual program, you may not need to use every tool, or even read every chapter.
Audience: Lung cancer screening navigators