The Boston Medical Center Patient Navigation Tool Kit is designed to help in planning and implementing a Patient Navigation program. The free tool kit is comprised of 3 separate volumes, designed for Program Planners, Supervisors and Patient Navigators. It provides a stepwise approach with case studies, examples, templates and checklists. It includes program development, writing a job description, hiring, identifying tasks and skills, patient navigator competencies and training, as well as metrics for evaluating your program and patient navigator performance.
The toolkits contain evidence-based and experience-based examples, case studies, practical tools, and resources to help:
- Establish an evidence-based patient navigation program tailored to reduce barriers for patients
- Incorporate best practices to enhance current patient navigation programs or services
- Implement a patient navigation model to address any targeted medical condition
- where disparities exist
- Hire, prepare, supervise, support, and retain effective Patient Navigators
- Navigate patients who experience health disparities
- Reduce health disparities and improve health outcomes for patients.
Audience: Patient navigator program planners, health system administrators, patient navigation supervisory staff, patient navigators.
This site includes videos from Effective Patient Navigation Programs in Oncology: Proceedings of a Workshop.